Friday, May 20, 2011

Smelly mannequin hands in the house!

When your skin color melds with your polish ... that is the mannequin look right?

Revlon - Peach Smoothie

It just so happens this polish gives me mannequin hands, and I don't know how I feel about it.

Sometimes I look at my hands and I am like 'wow how elegant'.  Other times I'm like 'where are my finger nails?'

As a bonus this polish smells like generic sweetness peach smoothie.





It's kinda nice. When you don't want people to notice your hands wear this polish, however they may smell you out.















Actually the best thing about this polish is the secret tiny flakies.  Its tough to see, but maybe you can see in this pic with flash.

They are not abundant, but when they catch my eye in the light I swoon.  









 
The formula on this guy was nice ... that is IF you like Revlon, which I do.

It took 3 thin coats to achieve opacity.

If you are not a fan of waiting for polish to dry, I have good luck with Seche Vite and Revlon together in general.







Do you own mannequin hand inducing polish?

10 comments:

  1. It's very mannequin-y. I like it on you, but not sure if I could handle the generic sweetness,err...peach smoothie scent. i have a few of those Revlon scented polished that I've yet to wear because I'm nervous about the scent giving me a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My go-to for mannequin hands is OPI San Tan-Tonio. Crazy how it matches my skin tone! I'm not sure how I feel about that, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I kind of like it...it's classy looking. I think it'd look great with French tips, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not...I wouldn't be able to stand the mannequin hand look on me either. I like for my nails to stand out.

    But I really love this look on you...with the length of your nails, it looks super elegant.
    And I imagine there must be a secret thrill when you find your perfect mannequin hands shade. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mannequin hands look. I think it's nice when I want to take a break from nail art/bright colors and just do something super subtle.

    P.S. I gave you a blog award! I hope you don't mind if I post the link:
    http://hautelacquer.blogspot.com/2011/05/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should rock those manny hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought of them as mannequin hands but now that you mention it...I imagine Kim Cattral in the movie Mannequin! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had SC Vacation Time on earlier this week because I had to go to a formal event and I kept thinking, my grandmother would like this color. That's what I think of with the mannequin hands colors. She'd wear anything from nude to a soft dusty rose and that's it. So while I like it sometimes, I start to get itchy for sparkles after a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @jaybird - Thanks :) oh man try them out, anyway it gives you a good reason to change polish as if you needed on tho

    @Sinead - exactly! feels a bit awkward.

    @Whitney @ ElementalStyles - ooo nice!

    @ChaosButterfly - I have to admit, when i first put it on i was like 'what the hell' lol definitely a bit weird. i guess it grows on you tho ... like mold ... skin colored mold, what? a complete tangent, sorry.

    @Minty - very true. I'm all over that tag ... slowly tho ;p

    @Rachel Marie - lol, manny tray hands, yea! together that would make TRANNY! LOL oh man i need to stop.

    @Olivia - I LOVE THAT MOVIE. Man, can we go back to 1991 please when it finally came on TV like every Saturday night.

    @Shieldmaiden96 - totally, adds a little spice of life! I hope when I am a grandma tho i still keep it spicy :p

    ReplyDelete