Friday, March 4, 2011

It's like WOAH!

You know what makes me go WOAH?  Freaking Illamasqua.  These people are always super creative and push limits; how can you not appreciate that?  The Toxic Nature Collection launches online next week, Thursday March 10, and at counters in the UK Thursday March 17; it's guaranteed to do this  ...  O_o

Seriously look at these promo pic's (click to make bigger)


Okay my first thought was Night of the Living ... Spring Edition

BUT now I'm convinced Tim Burton had a hand in this.

Either way, they put such interesting components together ...
Death + Rot + Pastels = Win

Not to sound corny, but it's really neat.

Now on to the good stuff ... Nail POLISH!

Here are the descriptions from Illamasqua with my comments in red.  




Nail Varnish - £13.50

Leave your mark with an unexpected claw. Choose from either toxic pastels or unmissable neons. Hardwearing and chip-resistant.



Purity – Peach (how sweet and spring-y)


Bacterium – Pearlescent Ash Ochre (nerd geek wants!)

Radium – Acidic Lime Shimmer (come on, anything from the periodic table is game on  by sheer principle)







Stagnate – Grey Mauve (my mom always tells me  to stay away from stagnant water cause I'll get legionnaires, this is a good substitute.)

Gamma – Neon orange (another bright spring color to even out the rot.)

You can view the colors better here.





Oh and apparently there's a "claw".   Here is what Illamasqua says about that :

Toxic Claw - £35.00

Illamasqua are proud to present the second collaboration with visionary manicurist, Mike Pocock.  A beautifully presented set of two false thumb nails, these have been designed and individually hand made by Mike. ‘The mutated aesthetic of the nail was inspired by the corrupted hues present in the Toxic Nature collection’. (sounds intense ... not so sure it rocks my boat, but hey Never say Never ... like Justin 
Bieber.)

If you're feeling lucky, add your favorite products from the new collection to the waiting list at illamasqua.com and you could be one of the first to try the collection!  Three winners will be selected March 9th.

I'm so there!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like some Tyra Banks, America's Next Top Model challenge! Wow - very creative, indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for Load to be in stock at Sephora before I make an Illamasqua purchase :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm I dunno about the colors but then again I like Illamasqua nail polish so I might end up with one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AllThingsNails - So true!

    @Rachel Marie - Tee hee ... LOAD :p

    @Olivia - I didn't mention the makeup, but what do think of that?

    ReplyDelete